(urth) lameness

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 06:21:47 PST 2011

>James Wynn: I've always assumed Fish and Frog referred to the stars Fomalhaut and
>Rana. But I don't know why those stars are significant in the The Book of the New Sun.

I know of Fomalhaut but was a star named Rana (frog genus) mentioned in BotNS?

James, your eye for detail on human-sized characters is great as is your astronomical
knowledge. Any chance these two could be combined?

Fish and Frog seem to me to be connected, thematically, ecologically, to the planets of
Blue and Green- oceans being a prime habitat for fish and swampy jungles being the best
place for frogs. Then we have the revelation at the end of RttW that Inhumi have external
fertilization.