(urth) The green man is a fake

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:07:12 PST 2011

Well, some interesting discussion. I would agree with those who suggest the
only way for the green man to work as he claims is to have super Yesod-algae
which access and harness the energy from another universe.

OR

We can notice how the green man describes himself when asked by Severian,
"What are you?"

"A great seer. A great liar..."

Someone above noted the right bit of evidence..he has a nice set of teeth.
Exactly how does evolution allow for that? Needs a nice smile?

Speaking of evolution allows Severian one of his cleverest lines. The green man
is explaining that he is not a plant because evolution could not allow a plant to
follow the same pathway to become a human form. Severian answers:

"The same thing might be said of stones, yet there are statues"

The clues are there. This is not a product of the higher evolution of humanity.
This is a construct. A disguise, I think. A trick to get Severian to favor a
future for humanity which will actually wipe it out.

The green man is given teeth so he can smile. But just as Father Inire's smile
does not fool Thecla, the green man's laugh does not fool Severian. Something is
wrong here. There are forces on Urth that do not want the oceans to freeze.