(urth) The green man is fake

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Jan 16 15:33:26 PST 2011

On 1/16/2011 3:46 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
>>> And we know that the Green Man is a walker through the corridors
>>> of time, which requires energy approaching full stellar output.
>

>> Jeff Wilson: If it does, that coming from the the White Fountain seems sufficient.
>
> If the green man is powered by a white fountain (Severian's or another) then he is lying
> about needing Urth's feeble sunlight to live and probably lying about needing Severian's help in
> breaking free.

No. Severian's time travel is powered by the White Fountain and he still
needs sustenance. It seems that walking the Corridors of Time actually
requires walking or other freedom of movement (Tzadkerbell and the
Yesodi ships fly, Severian and the Green Man walk or run, undines swim...).

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >