(urth) (no subject)

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 16 12:21:38 PST 2011

Jeff Wilson wrote:

> Didn't Sev pointedly reject Daria?

He did at first. I'm not sure what happened after that. I think he
does sometimes list her with other women who have been his lovers , so
it may be that the refusal was an act. But as Lee pointed out, the
kahibit might do for 'servant of the throne' as well.

>>> Apheta - cacogen. (She would certainly be called that if she came to Urth.)
>
> Yea and no; "cacogen" is Urthspeak for Bug Eyed Monster, and hierodules
> wear scary monster masks when they visit Urth undercover. Apheta, being
> a hierarch, doesn't need a disguise because she appears outwardly human
> and if she reveals herself to be an exalted being, well, "divine
> messenger" is right up there just under the Autarch.

'Cacogen' is used at times for all aliens, incuding Inire and the
Cumaean, who don't disguise themselves as monsters. Certainly the name
reflects a sense that aliens are monstrous, but it doesn't seem to be
limited to those who wear monster masks.