(urth) (no subject)

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 10:10:40 PST 2011

>David Stockhoff: Briefly, "The sacrificial/sacral/divine king has an obligation to sacrifice himself
>for the good of his people and the land. The maimed/Fisher king is a danger to his people as he might
>cause the kingdom to become a wasteland."

Ah, thanks for the extra info! Maimed King is related to Fisher King- Arthurian and related to the Holy
Grail, (which certainly has an element of chastity and sexual purity associated with it).

As one who is quite interested in Fomalhaut and the many fish/mouth/caves to be found in BotNS and
Long/Short Sun, I am definitely going to perk up a bit when fish and fishing are mentioned.

I'm thinking about the Autarch in Dr. Talos' Play. He hopes to stop the New Sun or at least stop the
new Creation which will populate it. Goaded by the demon, he orders his space ships to lay the Urth
sere, to burn the "seed" (Meschia/Meschiane) which the demons failed to poison this time, this Creation.

Thus he is the anti-New Sun hoping to bathe the world in fire instead of water. I am thinking that a
Flood is much more of a fertility symbol to ancient Middle East types, so influenced by Egyptian and
Nile-based culture, than it might first appear to us.

(just some amorphous thoughts...no particular GUT here to unify things)

Riffing on the Pringles theme again, surely someone has commented, over the years, on the possible
connection of creating billions of identical potato chips to an obsession with cloning. (I can remember
when Pringles first came out when I was a kid. They were a pretty weird concept (in appearance, in
packaging and in taste)