(urth) Green is Urth Redux

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Tue Jan 11 11:02:00 PST 2011

From: "Marc Aramini" <marcaramini at yahoo.com>
> It matters if the Whorl is a hollowed out lune.

But it can't be.  Lune is orbiting Urth in Severian's time, and is green in
colour.  The Whorl was launched long before that time, when Scylla was
alive - and the Whorl has no surface vegetation.  (Also, of course, the
Whorl appears to be a lot smaller, at least in diameter; the distance from
the interior surface to the Long Sun does not seem to be very great, and it
takes only three days to walk through tunnels from the interior surface to
the outside.)

- Gerry Quinn