(urth) Lee Berman and Hotmail

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 10:11:04 PST 2011

>Jeff Wilson: I realize I am asking a lot for someone to modify their years-ingrained
>habits. But I think it's more likely for one person to toe the line of mutual agreement
>than to expect the rest to mutually agree to move the line at the one person's pleasure.
>Unless it's a cult thing, I guess.

Actually, in my previous incarnations on this List, I used the traditional format to post,
though it always seemed a confusing and unnecessarily cluttered. My current style is
designed to emulate the more modern posting format of some other message boards to which  I
contribute.  Using it here, I have noticed a general increase, not decrease, in the
understanding of what I am trying to say.

Also, as I've mentioned, I rarely actually go to my email site to read Urth posts. I prefer
the website.

But I understand the appeal of a long-standing and familiar format also. I'd be glad to
switch back to the old method if a majority (maybe 7-8 others) strongly wish for it.

>my relatives have make it plain to me that the only reason they use "black" is to avoid
>offending *white* people who might overhear and complain.

heh. Any chance of getting them to say "African-american"? or.. "Persons of Color"? I have rural
southern family myself (Florida panhandle) so I know what you are talking about. I leave it
alone. If they can tolerate their yankee cousins' way of talking, walking and clothing themselves
I guess I can tolerate their casually racist language for short visits. We are all products of our
environments.