(urth) interview questions

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 23:52:17 PST 2011

>Unless you spill the beans right in the beginning so blatantly that you fool
>the unwary reader into ignoring the right answer.

>Marc Aramini:I think Wolfe does this in Long Sun, especially with regards to Crane's
>lame physical cause to Silk's original enlightenment, which seems like such a dumb idea
>until you realize he could have been programmed for such an information hemorrhage.

Insightful comparison, Marc. Well, I think the idea is supported with what we see happen with
Auk and Tartaros.

I'll say this: I think Wolfe takes a different approach in the Sun Series in contrast to 5HoC.
In Cerberus, we are presented with a range of possible conclusions. THe answer could be this or
this or this.

In the SUn series I think WOlfe works more in parallel. The answer is this and this and this. Together
Enlightenment is a blood vessel bursting. And a designed signal from a false electronic god. And a
trigger to start a pre-planned social revolution on a spaceship. And a message from the one true god.
And a necessary component for a planetary colonization. Simultaneous truths all working in harmony
though they might seem to be contradictory. (false AND true god at the same time? How can that be? heh)

Perhaps we are fooled by the word "enlightenment". Is it possible we can only see God by shutting
OFF a part of the brain?