(urth) Simians

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 12:55:38 PST 2011

Antonio Pedro Marques: I suppose 'macaque' would be too far off to be usable.

Heh! Too specific actually. There is broad ranging monkey group called macaques
which must be distinguished from other monkey groups like langurs and vervets and
of course the New World monkeys which have prehensile tails.

A US politician recently lost his election for publically calling a person of Indian ethnicity
a "maccaca".

Anyway, mention of macaques are good in my book, since the one called the barbary ape is Inuus
sylvanus which has connections to both BotNS (Inire) and Long/Short Sun (Silver Silk).