(urth) interview questions

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 10:27:16 PST 2011

>Gerry Quinn- And, for the record, their hand gesture is described as showing that they were
>carrying no weapons, not an invation to shake hands.

Gerry, if you re-read the section I think you will realize it says the spacemen extended their
hands in a greeting *even they did not know* (but Wolfe tells us) originated as a sign of being
unarmed. That is the origin of a handshake. Wolfe explains that Sandwalker doesn't understand
even the origin of the gesture because he doesn't know what a weapon is.

Are you willing to correct yourself on this?

>The idea that all the characters are native Annese who think they are human is quite untenable.
>Therefore Veil's Hypothesis is wrong.

This is your opinion.  There are intelligent, lupine-familiar people, including me,  who DO find it
tenable, even after hearing your objections and evidence that it is not. By persisting in your dismissal
you are implying that your opinion must be superior to mine and that either that you are a far more
intelligent person or simply the rational, sane person in this debate. So which is it? Are you implying
that you are a superman or that I am a stupid and/or insane individual. Or can you, at long last,
admit that matters of opinion may differ amonng intellgent, rational people.