(urth) Threadtiquette

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Jan 6 17:15:10 PST 2011

That may well be, but I have 2 settings on Thunderbird: Above and Below.

On 1/6/2011 5:56 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> From:   "DAVID STOCKHOFF"<dstockhoff at verizon.net>
>> If only interleaving were so easy. I try to do it but Webmail makes it
>> difficult and Thunderbird isn't much better.
> I'm doing it in Webmail right now. If Thunderbird is set up properly, it
> is not difficult and I do it as often as a dozen times a day with minimal
> effort.
And I almost never use Thunderbird on this forum, since it stays at
home. My Webmail is crap. Sorry!
>> I sometimes resort to dashes,
>> and I hope that is effective.
>> Of course, I top-post because I am using email, and top-posting is best
>> for email, where I don't need to read my own question before I read the
>> response.
> This is only true when you never have more than one outstanding exchange
> per correspondent-subject, they are not shared outside of exclusive
> correspondent pairs, and exchanges are returned within the most reliable
> short term memory time-frame.

I'd say it's true about half the time. No single model covers all cases.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110106-1, 01/06/2011
Tested on: 1/6/2011 8:15:10 PM