(urth) Threadtiquette

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 11:15:53 PST 2011

Son of Witz wrote (06-01-2011 18:56):

> So, we should quote only what is relevant, and shouldn't "top-post"
> especially without deleting the long articles that trail it. Ok. That
> all makes sense. I like that you top posted your reply though.

Incidentally, I'm aware that it may be difficult not to toppost using an
iThing. At least you're able to reply selectively - select the text you want
to quote, hit reply, and it will only quote the selection in the reply.

But more important than bottomposting, imo, are proper attributions, so one
knows who wrote what and in which sequence.

I think interleaved replying - which is incompatible with topposting - helps
keep focus and avoiding repetition. It also kind of ensures that you read
what you're replying to.