(urth) interview questions

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 06:25:16 PST 2011

>Tony Ellis:  Then there is Dollo's Law. VRT cites it as an explanation for why he
>cannot hold a pen properly. But Dollo's Law requires an organ to "degenerate through evolution"
> - not something that happens over night. Whether you believe him or not, he is saying 'my ancestors
>haven't used tools for millennia'.

Ah..MAYBE NOW I get what Tony is getting at. Maybe.  If there was a long ago crash of a human starship
on Ste. Anne, those humans (or maybe single human?) were imitated by Shadows. After a long period
with no further source material, those imitated humans degenerated into Shadow Children (shrinking
and losing their thumbs, becoming more shadow-like again I guess). Then when new waves of humans arrived,
that's why Dollo's Law gets invoked. They have to re-establish the lost digit and its neural connections.

It is difficult but not impossible to re-establish because Dollo's Law is more imperative on Darwinian
evolution than Lamarckian.

Sort of a blending of theories. Shadow Children USED to be close imitations of humans but degenerated
back to half-Shadows after a long while. I think I can hang with that.