(urth) interview questions

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:46:32 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Jerry Friedman
<jerry_friedman at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>Q: Yeah, but, maybe he just made shit up. That's what Wolfe
>>effectively did, after all.
>>A: True, but again, I think we must call a halt to the Hall of
>>Mirrors. _Wolfe_ has some reason for putting "A Story" in the middle
>>of 5HoC, and so he wants us to find reason in it.
>
> True, but that reason may not to provide "factual" information.

Agreed: but what kind of information _does_ he provide, and why?

("Pale Fire" comments deleted: I tried to read the book once and
simply couldn't penetrate it)

> And I
> could believe the main purposes of "'A Story'" are to be interesting in
> itself and to reveal the
> character of the replacement Marsch.

That is a good answer to why _Wolfe_ put it there. But why did
_"Marsch"_ write it?

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes