(urth) interview questions

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:56:25 PST 2011

>Tony Ellis: Dollo's Law. They haven't used tools for thousands of years, so the
>ability has atrophied. Remember, Dollo's Law is cited in terms of the
>loss of a *previously existing* ability.

Since there aren't any (that I recall) Abo or Shadow Child ruins, does this imply an
earthly orgin to these guys? Maybe something like David's idea...like, Q. Where did Homo habilus
disappear to?"  A. to Ste. Anne.

>It may be, of course, that the abos and the Shadow Children are
>actually the same race, and that *all* their differences are down to
>the leaf. But that theory has its own problems.

I don't see the problems. Humans are complex creatures. Imitators of them, especially of their
vices, might be able to accomplish only a portion of their goal, leading to the appearance
of different races of imitators when there is only one. Shadow Children only pick up drug addiction.
Abos pick up personal violence. City types acquire corrupt bureaucracy, slavery and other
institutionalized cruelties. (not to mention cloning as a vain attempt to acquire power and
immortality).