(urth) Wolfe and Gaiman

Son of Witz Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Tue Jan 4 09:52:09 PST 2011

On Jan 4, 2011, at 7:52 AM, António Pedro Marques <entonio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gaiman is, IMO, a superior comics author. Those are not so easy to come by. Of course comics are seen as a lesser art compared to proper Literature. Gaiman of course doesn't claim to be on the same league, even in his non-comics stuff. Nonetheless, I think more people know Gaiman than Wolfe. And I don't think any one's praise for the other is inappropriate or insincere.

I would like to go back and reread Sandman. I didn't care for most of the artwork (excepting McKean's covers) but the writing was phenomenal, and clearly has a similar love for ancient myth and Borgesian mindfucks. I read it all in high school though, so I don't know how it holds up today.  Haven't read his novels.