(urth) Wolfe and Gaiman

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 08:18:08 PST 2011

>Gaiman is, IMO, a superior comics author. Those are not so easy to come by.
>Of course comics are seen as a lesser art compared to proper Literature.
>Gaiman of course doesn't claim to be on the same league, even in his
>non-comics stuff.

I'd like to suggest the adjective "comics" be changed to "visual arts" or
something like that. Neil has had more than one of his works transferred
(through an obviously very expensive process) to the big screen. After 40
years we may need to accept that Wolfe's work just isn't seen as amenable
to this process.

I think it would be quite a mistake to think that Wolfe looks down his nose
at authorial work which translates well to visual.