(urth) interview question

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:23:17 PST 2011

>Gerry Quinn: It's not at all inexplicable.  He thinks of Dollo's Law in the context of
>his handwriting, specifically his thumb, which he cannot use; he must hold
>the pen between his fingers with his thumb unused.  He is in the same
>situation a human would be if humans evolved to no longer need thumbs, and
>the thumb, or the neural networks controlling it, withered away.

Gerry I'm in need of further explanation to understand your theory. You are implying
an abo once had a thumb but evolved to not need one, then rediscovered the need while
imitating Dr. Marsch? Why did abos once have a thumb then lose the need for it?

And, of course, the obvious question: why does an Abo know about an obscure evolutionary
principle postulated by some Belgian guy on earth in 1890 and connect it to his handwriting?
Sound more like something an anthropologist would know about. If a minute portion of the
brain's wiring can be imitated surely a thumb can be. Seem to be serious doubt over whether
Dr. Marsch really has been replaced. There are a lot of cats about. Perhaps one bit his hand.