(urth) Atlantis and Gondwanaland

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 17:41:53 PST 2011

>David Stockhoff-The evil we see in Wolfe is human and rational.

There is a lot of argument for this view. I don't want to deny its
merit. Still, Wolfe is a religious guy. A Christian/Catholic. In the
Bible, which came first Adam or evil? (Serpent? Satan?)

(or if you want evolution, did evil really originate in Homo sapiens?
is there not the significant rudiments of rationality to be seen in our
primate and cetacean cousins? Many experiments demonstrate an ethical sense
among them and other simpler animals too...take Fido..)

There are the Neighbors as you mention. Rational. So they have an evil side.
But weren't they pretty good guys until they went to Green?

I get the feeling Wolfe is saying that the "evil in the hearts of
rational men" isn't all there is to the story. I just have the intuition he
thinks there is an outside presence which will tend to bring out this
evil tendency in our hearts when put in the right location/circumstances.