(urth) a false coin

DAVID STOCKHOFF dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Jan 3 10:21:39 PST 2011

How would you see that? Perhaps you are thinking of the author as acrobat or mountebank (that is, a hint that Wolfe is playing the trickster), but it could also mean that the existence of true evil is false: evil is a performance.
or is evil in the act and not the intent? that might be overthinking.