(urth) something awful forum wolfe discussion

Son of Witz Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Mon Jan 31 14:28:45 PST 2011

On Jan 31, 2011, at 2:03 PM, Adam Thornton <adam at io.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2011, at 3:51 PM, Marc Aramini wrote:
>
>> I came across a forum title  Book of the New Sun and why it is the best thing ever.
>>
>> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3248039
>>
>> Never heard of the hosting site, couldn't post without registering, but imagine my shock when I found my own name there brought up as someone who is "full of poo" and "writes like a crazy person".  They said, be sure to avoid what him.
>>
>> Would go and at least post a link to my whole Short Sun essay but don't want to pay $10.  The discussion is pretty much focused around "why sev is a liar" and what the purpose of the long sun whorl is, but really nothing too insightful.
>>
>> Infamy.
>
> Dude.  It's Something Awful.
>
> Don't expect much out of it.  Although their WTF, D&D series about illustrations in RPGs is really funny.

Haven't dipped in there. Looks like I could waste some serious time in that D&D thread.
The dialogue on this one just cracked me up.
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/illusion-of-decapus.php?page=3

I think bad fantasy art keeps more people away from the genre than bad fantasy films or books.
I wouldn't touch D&D once I thought the art was corny.  Now I wish I'd practiced dragons and shit a bit more.