(urth) Merger

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 29 20:16:38 PST 2011

> 2. He will fail to bring the New Sun and be unmanned. But the hierogrammates will bestow upon
> him a nice parting gift to make up for his lost testicles and the gift of resurrection will
> be bestowed retroactively in time.

>Jeff Wilson- Would that not also undo the emasculation?

Heh. Restoring my own crotch might be a high priority if I had the power of resurrection.
Lucky Severian didn't have to, I guess (though as far as we know he remained childless).

I still argue that a simple, non-emasculating vasectomy would have done the trick. Something
fishy going on there. You'd almost think there was a conspiracy to put androgyny into the
story as much as possible.