(urth) Mystery of Agia

Jane Delawney jane_delawney at sky.com
Thu Jan 20 16:21:28 PST 2011

On 20/01/11 20:46, Marc Aramini wrote:

> As far as Agia goes, Sev sees her naked with her brother, even though she is like the only woman in the book Sev does not actually have intercourse with, right?  Yeah, don't the Pelerines strip and search her?  She's a woman.

Also through most of Agia's and Sev's journey to the Sanguinary Fields,
she's obliged to hold the bodice of her stage-costume gown up to her
chest because it got ripped in the Jungle Garden and if she doesn't hold
it up, her naked breasts will be exposed and she will, by her own
account 'be shamed for life'.

She's way p-d off about this of course, but doesn't do anything about
it, because she hasn't the opportunity. Strongly suggests to me that not
only does this confirm that she really is a woman, but that in Nessus
the conventional view of decent dress conforms closely to that of most
western countries nowadays (you don't have to cover your head or your
face, unless you want to for religious reasons; but if you are female
you really do have to cover your body from the waist up, or you may get
arrested for conduct liable to cause a breach of the peace).

jd