(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:57:46 PST 2011

Marc Aramini:
."very frustrating"

>"it gets downright impossible to advance a discussion or even suggest a further point"...

>"I won't argue anymore",

>"there is no way we can advance to less concrete and more abstract discussions"

>"If all the data is explained and fits, then I can't see how it can be rationalized away"

>"Its just discouraging"

>"shutting up for a while."

These are discouraging, frustrating words to hear.

I understand the psychology. Criticizing theories provides much more adrenaline to those who favor
it than the guarded interest or agreement of others. So we see intense energy and thought and
research being poured into rejection and lukewarm energy put into interest or agreement. This is
true of all theories, not just yours, Marc.

There is the psychology of the other side also. It is human nature to magnify criticism. All people
feel this way (despite their denials). Ten words of praise cannot overcome the sting from one word of
criticism and dismissal. (Parents here, please take that to heart)

I guess all I can do is offer encouragement and say I'm reading your theories and benefitting from
them as I slowly digest them. I would feel a loss if you decided to shut up for a while.