(urth) Summary of the case for Silk as Typhon's clone

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 14:01:31 PST 2011

Son of Witz wrote (19-01-2011 21:56):

> For whatever reason, I've always felt that Agia's revenge for Agilus was
> only part of her motivation.

(And how can one talk of revenge when Severian was innocent in Agilus's
killing? Revenge for what, for Severian's having not died in the duel which
they contrived *apparently* in order to kill him and take his possessions?
For Severian's employment as an executioner? Maybe for some deranged person,
but very little in Agia points to derangement.)

> Hethor has a thing for Severian that goes
> beyond Agia's. They stalk him across urth, threaten and save him, and
> Agia replaces Vodalus!  There is SOMETHING else going there, IMO.

Unfortunately I have no answers, but I think *this*, in conjunction with
others, is the kind of thing that's supposed to be studied by the reader.
Well, if GW expects to be debated for 300 years, we won't be around when
someone finally grasps it all.