(urth) (no subject)

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Tue Jan 18 21:23:56 PST 2011

On 1/18/2011 4:24 PM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>
>> I am not religious and don't operate with a working definition of sin.
>> Still I can recognize
>> that perceptions vary based on history and culture. What many
>> Americans consider a justifiable,
>> even necessary action is considered one of the worst crimes ever
>> against humanity by most of
>> the rest of the world.
>
> That seems a highly unlikely assertion. Got any statistics to back it up?

I thought he was speaking in the context of war crimes, crimes against
humanity, etc. down at the Hague, while most Americans think of them as
things that happen in other countries, if they bother to think about
them at all, and the US is pointedly not a signatory to the agreements
that would make its past deeds actionable.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >