(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

Son of Witz Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Tue Jan 18 20:04:19 PST 2011

On Jan 18, 2011, at 6:19 PM, Marc Aramini <marcaramini at yahoo.com> wrote:

> And I have to say this, after reading that interview where Gene was acting all surprised, you KNOW Gene wanted to mess with us in a major way when he made those freaking planets Blue and Green just like Urth and Lune and then kind of just made these little aside statements like "wow, this city reminds me of that one" and made it so damned impossible to prove.
>
> I am not kidding. If he didn't want us to consider that this might be the same system and then dismiss it and then consider it and dismiss it he wouldn't have made the colors so close, then switch them around for the hell of it.  HE THRIVES ON OUR CONFUSION.  Of course there are going to be screwball theories.  I love him anyway, though.  or maybe because of, heh heh.

Well, absolutely. It is his formula. Many would say his shortcoming, as most don't want to work so hard just to comprehend the basic plot. I wouldn't have liked it when I was younger.
It's a way to keep audiences involved. I think most of us who got sucked into the tv shows LOST or BSG kept coming back because we wanted to solve the mystery more than for any other reason. Once they gave a crappy "answer" most of us lost interest immediately.