(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 18:38:23 PST 2011

--- On Tue, 1/18/11, Gerry Quinn <gerryq at indigo.ie> wrote:

>  (including Silk and
> Pas, their friends and enemies, and many who had no axe to
> grind either way) could have been part of some grand
> conspiracy which makes no sense and is NEVER EVEN HINTED AT IN THE TEXT>
> - Gerry Quinn

Gerry, wait, put these quotes from the book together.  Look at what you wrote.  Never hinted at?

"The monarch had wanted a son to succeed him."
"Kypris, who was Hyacinth and Mother, too."
"In its place stood a bronze-limbed man with rippling muscles and two head.  One was Silk's."

How can you say Silk's face on Typhon is not at LEAST a hint?  These are about as clear 1 -2- 3 steps as you can get.  The monarch wants a son to succeed him, kypris is his mother, oh, his face is there on the monarch's shoulders.  I am not even putting any interpretation in those facts.  Those are at LEAST a hint.  I don't think its definitive of cloning, but it is definitive of a close relationship between Silk and Typhon, and other statements in New Sun indicate Typhon is very fond of his face.

(I don't think that necessarily makes Silk a clone, but it sure doesn't make him not related to Typhon genetically)