(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 17:24:39 PST 2011

>> That's the way _all_ the sleepers remembered the Typhon family-- as
>> gods. The sleepers had no real advantage over the wakers.
>
> Gerry Quinn wrote:-
> Could you be more specific, please?  How does Mamelta indicate that?

??? Have you read The Book of the Short Sun?
I'll ask again, do you think Mamelta was unique in not having her memory
messed with?

> Gerry Quinn wrote:
> Cilinia too, indeed.  But tell me, so, that I may learn to appreciate
> Wolfe at your level - how do you explain Echidna's apparently total
> lack of acknowledgement that she was speaking to a clone of Typhon
> while she went on about various other unrelated matters?

Why would she care? Silk was not Typhon. Why would she care that he
looked like Typhon? What in the book makes you think she would be
sentimental about a clone of Typhon or anyone else? She cared about what
use she could put people to and that's it.  I can't imagine what you
would have wanted her to say. You expect her say "Lo! The image of my
cursed husband whom I have slain. Yet he continues to vex me in your
flesh." That's an ER Burroughs novel, not Wolfe.

u+16b9