(urth) How much of a fake IS the green man?

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 09:07:30 PST 2011

> From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>

> Jerry Friedman wrote:
>
> > Do we know that the green people or their  creators share the Author's views
> > of respect toward the  Creator?
>
> Do we even know that there are "green people?" We only see one,  and
> have to take the word of a self-confessed liar that he is one of  a
> race of green people.

"'They caught a green man, do you know that?  Got him right over there
where you see the tent.  Green men know everything, people say, if you
can but make them talk.'"

TCotC Ch. III.  To argue that there's no race of green people, I suppose
you could say that the creators of the green man took advantage of a
superstition (which could even be based on a prophecy of the New Sun),
or that the old woman is repeating a rumor that started as the showman's
advertising.  Or maybe other possibilities that I'm missing.

Jerry Friedman