(urth) Innocent [minor spoilers]

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 03:33:59 PST 2011

I just read Wolfe's werewolf short story, "Innocent", from the Full Moon
Anthology.

It strikes me that Wolfe is a fearless writer--willing go into territory
that risks totally creep out his audience.

Also, once again we have Wolfe delving into errors of observation based
on categorical definitions. A man is in jail as a child-stealer and a
child-molester. And, outwardly, he is guilty of that crime. But actually
all of his intentions were not that of a child-molester, but of a
werewolf. If they understood what he is in fact, they would not lock him
up. They would rip him to pieces.

u+16b9