(urth) The green man is a fake

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Jan 16 22:15:05 PST 2011

On 1/16/2011 11:56 PM, Lee Berman wrote:

>> Exactly how does evolution allow for that?
>
>> Jeff Wilson: The same way it apparently allows for contemporary humans to have wisdom
>> teeth, appendixes, male nipples, sense of humor, musical aptitude, etc.
>
> Not quite getting your examples. But perhaps not fair since you are dwelling into my own
> field of expertise. Sense of humor and musical aptitude seem to be social adaptations which
> are fully funciontal in our modern human world.

They function, but they have marginal impact on selection at best.
particular features don't have to be advantageous , only that the
overall incremental change is positive. The green man's teeth don't have
to be especially gainful any more to still be there, the way the above
features are still present despite outliving their necessity or not
especially having one to begin with, who knows?

> The green man, as he admits, is lying. He is not evolved, he is not the future of humanity. He is the Trickster.
> His very name, Green Man, invokes a satanic (to Christians) pagan deity. A horned god of the vine.

He doesn't say he's evolved, so he's not lying about that.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >