(urth) The green man is a fake

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Jan 16 20:51:53 PST 2011

On 1/16/2011 10:07 PM, Lee Berman wrote:

> Well, some interesting discussion. I would agree with those who suggest the
> only way for the green man to work as he claims is to have super Yesod-algae
> which access and harness the energy from another universe.
>
> OR
>
> We can notice how the green man describes himself when asked by Severian,
> "What are you?"
>
> "A great seer. A great liar..."

"...like every man whose foot is in a trap." So he admits he will lie to
get out of a trap, and the algae explanation comes when he is hopeful
Severian will help him get out. However, telling the truth in a way it
will not be believed is also a method lying, and fits in with his
practice of driving off patrons with dire fortunes.

> Someone above noted the right bit of evidence..he has a nice set of teeth.
> Exactly how does evolution allow for that? Needs a nice smile?

The same way it apparently allows for contemporary humans to have wisdom
teeth, appendixes, male nipples, sense of humor, musical aptitude, etc.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >