(urth) The green man is a fake

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Jan 16 15:26:32 PST 2011

On 1/16/2011 2:38 PM, James Wynn wrote:

>> Jeff Wilson-
>> Preaching to the choir, though I hadn't posted about this since you
>> were yclept bsharp.
>
> Yes, but one must allow the possibility that artifically manufactured
> algae could leverage the sunlight to get more oomph.

Even at 100% conversion efficiency, each day a person-sized patch of
sunlit earth receives about 1/30 of the energy a normally active person
takes from a day's worth of food. Maybe it is used instead to synthesize
dietary supplements to make it easier to be life-long vegans?

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >