(urth) the prime calcula/ his citadel and other quotes

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 13:09:29 PST 2011

any other color would have been insignificant.  But blue and black are the same colors as Kypris, and Silk's blue eyes are well documented as rare.  p670 of Epiphany:
"You don't look like her.  Like Chenille.  ... your eyes are blue, but hers are brown."  Almost no one in Viron has blue eyes like Silk, Chenille probably resembles her biological father Tussah.  So you don't think the motherhood feeling he describes while with Mamelta is a narrational juxtaposition at all?  Do I really need to explicitly state the importance of her eye and hair color?