(urth) Sigh

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Wed Jan 12 07:09:53 PST 2011

On 1/12/2011 12:09 AM, Adam Thornton wrote:
> On 01/11/2011 11:19 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
>>> Ultan's library occupies some space between (in a mythical sense)
>>> Borges' Library of Babel and Borges' National Library.
>>
>> That's fine, but we need a literal antecedent for the
>> see-around-corners thing to be a natural feature of space-time.
>> na
> Does the supposition in "The Library of Babel" that, if you were
> immortal and went in any direction long enough, you'd eventually
> encounter the same books in the same disorder, which would thereby
> become The Order, count?

If you can show me where it is incorporated into the context of possibly
observable by the fictional characters of the Short Sun books, sure. For
example, stuff that happens in the Amber books could excusably happen in
the Vlad Taltos books, because Steven Brust incorporated Corwin's
hellride encounter with a horseman in grey as the grey-wearing Vlad's
encounter with Corwin.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >