(urth) Sigh

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:34:36 PST 2011

>Antonio: > Space-time is a strange place. Observers may be looking at their own
>star system far, far away.

>Jeff: When else do we see this happen?

I'd say we see something sort of similar when Severian is about to enter Yesod.
Because of the curvature of space-time (as Malrubius explained) he sees both the
beginning and the end of the universe in the same place.

Then again we can always mistrust the astronomy of a technologically backward planet
like Blue full of 300 year isolates from the Whorl. (who was it that claimed to know
which red sun in the sky was Urth's? I forget).

I'm still enjoying Marc's evidence that Lune is planet-sized and has an atmosphere.
Hey, if Urth can have the Andes on the east coast of S. America, the moon could be
extra-large.

Still I think Jane makes a good point about planetary conjugation. Blue and Green do
not seem to orbit each other.