(urth) Green is Urth Redux

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 10:12:07 PST 2011

Well, Lune is a problem.  There are two or three things that keep coming back to haunt me.  One is Apheta peering down from Lune, the other is its change to verdancy and Rudesind's claim that it is closer (or bigger?).

Another is the quote below, where the whorl is described thusly:

--- On Tue, 1/11/11, Marc Aramini <marcaramini at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Then there's this: "I'd like to show you Green," Jahlee
> explained to him.  "it's the whorl on which I was born
> and on which I grew up, just as your father was born and
> grew up on that little white one he tries to point out to
> you sometimes." (IGJ 339)  This shows us the whorl is
> white and visible in the sky.

But can an asteroid ever be a satellite?  I don't know, then we have to go against the definition that the whorl is a hollowed out asteroid if they are actually significantly different, the kind of semantic arguments I DON'T like, (tusks and horns being another - taxonomy is blurry in fiction sometimes, but not always.)  Then we have to ask, where does the glossary of Long Sun come from?  Is it from the fallible horn or the infallible Wolfe?  ugh.