(urth) Recent human crash-landing on Sainte-Anneþ

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 20:58:30 PST 2011

No dia 9 de Jan de 2011, às 04:30, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com> escreveu:

> Nobody could possibly match my interpretations of Gene Wolfe word for word because nobody shares my exact brain
> architecture. The same is true for each of us.  But when others ask me questions about my ideas it seems to be
> with interest and to help shape them. Your comments reflect an interest only in invalidation and elimination.
> I get no sense of cameraderie  or sharing and comparison of ideas from you. Which is a shame.

I think I've asked more than once whether or not you understand the concept of falsifiability and its importance, but I don't recall getting an answer.
The reason the Daleks come in is quite simple: with no regard for falsifiability, *anything* can be put forth as a theory. You *can* get it to be story about the Daleks. You only need motivation. Do you really not see that? Heck, weren't the Daleks on the telly when tFHoC was being written?

Of course, it can be the case that there is no fully satisfying theory that is falsifiable. But in that case, one must tread carefully and carefully. This is where, in my completely worthless and inconsequential opinion, you often though of course not always fail, and it doesn't help that you snap under critique. Also, I for an unspecified number am becoming tired of the rudeness in some of your replies.