(urth) Another (Possibly Weak) Theory

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:39:48 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com> wrote:

> A very good theory, in my opinion. I think David S. must agree since
> he suggested something similar recently.

David: If you did, I missed it; I've been skimming a lot recently. My apologies.

> My contribution to plump it out would be this: Many have noted the
> similarities between Shadow Children and Inhumi.

Shapechangers from the green planet, yes.

> In the earlier days of vampire myths, the lamia (deriveed
> from Lillith/Jahi myths). were associated as much with
> child-stealing as with blood sucking. Faeries (and kelpies
> and other Wolfe references) are also known for child-stealing.

Actually, this is where it gets interesting: the faerie don't
just _steal_ children: they _replace_ them with changelings.
And so we get to at least a weak form of Veil's Hypothesis.

> (the faerie-child stealing stuff may well relate to anthropology
> ..ancient memories of H. habilus and H. erectus interactions,
> perhaps.

H'mmmm. I am extremely dubious about "racial memory"
theories, but will mull on this.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes