(urth) Speaking of Art..

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 06:04:22 PST 2011

>aaron: Have any of you guys or girls ever seen a picture of Gene Wolfe as a young
>man?  I have (saw a wedding photo on Google books a couple years back), and
>it seems to me that his description of Severian could've just as easily
>described himself as a young man.  It would also be another case of Wolfe
>placing himself in one of his stories.

I think you are right. Without having seen that photo, I've always assumed Severian
resembled Gene Wolfe as a younger guy. Supporting evidence is that Number Five (whose
name is Gene Wolfe) resembles Severian. (also, Phaedria from 5HoC resembles Thecla in
hair color, widow's peak and violet eyes; who might she "be"?).