(urth) interview questions

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Tue Jan 4 10:53:05 PST 2011

From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>
>>Tony Ellis: As Gerry says, the reference to Dollo's Law isn't
>>inexplicable, it's
>>VRT explaining why he can't use a pen properly.Regardless of which, I
>>don't see what
>>point you're making. Dollo's Law is not going to give a dray horse tiny
>>little organs,
>>and if it did it would no longer be a dray horse.
>
> My point is that only Marsch could be aware of Dollo's Law, unless the
> imitation was
> 99.999% perfect, including the neural connections for Marsch's thumb.

Answered already - of course the abo Marsch has studied anthropology in
order to pose as an anthropologist.

> My point is that a dray horse and a carabao are both 1 ton creatures. Only
> an abo/shape and
> size-shifter could make the mistake of thinking a carcass would weigh 15
> lbs. (and perhaps
> that a disguised circumcizer would be the right size to retract the organs
> of a 15 pound horse).

It's an obvious typo - it should have been "fifteen hundred".  Unless the
mules shrunk at the same time he shot the carabao so that fifteen pounds was
a big load for them.

> What I'm really saying is that even when we come to the realization that
> Dr. Marsch may have
> been replaced by an abo, we don't really know. The evidence is
> contradictory. Before the Wolfe
> interview quote there was a significant camp who argued that there was no
> conclusive evidence
> that Dr. Marsch was replaced (Tony were you among them?).
>
> I was pleased that in a recent post Gerry, amidst the rants of "simple and
> obvious facts" and
> "correct interpretation" there was an admission of: "Actually if it were
> 100% false or 100% true
> it would violate the rules of 5HoC, in which just about *nothing* is
> completely false or completely
> true."

<Sigh> I knew you'd leap on that phrase.  Let me clarify:  it is myths and
hypotheses that are never completely true or false in 5HoC - not the
(fictive) reality.  There IS, in my opinion, a pretty definitive and
consistent account of the nature and identity of the Annese aborigines, the
Shadow Children, and the current mostly human population.  Wolfe has left
plenty of clues which, analysed correctly, make it clear.

I must thank you for inadvertently pointing me to one clue I had overlooked,
i.e. the "planetary face" of the Sainte Croix humans.  I had not before
noticed that, like Marsch (VRT), the "gypsies and criminal tribes" of Sainte
Croix do not share this planetary face.  We have found the Sainte Croix
abos!  (I had already deduced that they were outlaws and vagabonds for the
most part - this is a great confirmation.)

> Is there one "best" conclusion?

Yes.

- Gerry Quinn