(urth) Speaking of Art...

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Tue Jan 4 01:05:11 PST 2011

...Santa brought me back issues of the SHADOW comic book, as discussed
recently. Indeed, Gene Wolfe is credited with Script Supervision and the
script is true to the book modulo the adaptaion to comics, and it's fun
to see the artists' different takes on the characters, the architecture,
and especially the animals, but I don't think it can be taken as
anything revelatory of the original work, due to the very poor quality
of most of the anatomy and similar lack of attention to detail.

	Perhaps most egregious is that Severian (who is drawn to greatly
resemble Gaiman's Dream) is drawn to be *taller* than Ultan!

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >