(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: story with Gaiman

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:13:45 PST 2011

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2011/02/now-we-are-ten.html

> Me, I really enjoyed the MIT thing, and the company on and off stage, although I could have done without the signing at the end. I read a poem called CRAZY HAIR that I really do have to publish as a book because after I read it people ask me for it; and I read the House of Clocks segment of the story I'm writing with Gene Wolfe for World Horror. And then I drove south, and came eventually to rest in a tiny cottage with a wood burning stove, a spiral staircase, a well-stocked fridge and an antique telephone, for some peace and quiet and writing time.

Other links:

- quasi interview/review of _Home Fires_:
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/books/3707714-421/not-so-distant-future-shock.html
- _Home Fires_ review:
http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.com/2011/02/home-fires-by-gene-wolfe-reviewed-by.html
- review/short essay on _Fifth Head of Cerberus_:
http://www.blackgate.com/2011/02/13/internet-possibilities-gene-wolfe-and-the-fifth-head-of-cerberus/
- odd discussion of Wolfe's linguistic choices in TBOTNS:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/491538-wolfe-s-writing-style-yay-or-nay

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net