(urth) Are the Neighbors REALLY the Neighbors?

Jordon Flato jordonflatourth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 14:22:35 PST 2011

Thinking about all of these ideas flying around recently about the nature of
dream travel and its mechanics, a crazy idea occurred to me.  It's really
crazy, and not at all likely to be true (although compared to some theories
it might possibly be made viable with some creative readings of the text).
 The question occasionally comes up as to what dream traveling inhumi fed on
neighbors would look like?  This made me think "what if we never actually
meet neighbors?  What if what we are seeing as neighbors in the books are
actually dream traveling inhumi who LOOK like neighbors because that is what
their souls are like, much like an inhumi fed on humanity appears human in
dream travel?  What if they seeded the Whorl and try to get Horn to stay on
blue as a means of ensuring their progeny's existence?

Preposterous.  And yet, there is a subtle clue in that the possibly only
fully corporeal 'neighbor' we meet is the barnacle encrusted monstrosity
that tries to climb aboard the boat with Horn early in Blue (?? is that when
it happens?)  Maybe this a clue that there are only Zombie neighbors left,
and that all we see of the neighbors from Silk-Horns perspective are these
dream traveling Inhumi...

Preposterous, I know.  Or is it??  Dum dum DUUUUUUM.. (cue dramatic gopher
video)...