(urth) Are the Neighbors REALLY the Neighbors?

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 09:06:35 PST 2011

>James Wynn: Incidentally, Latro's curse from the gods is also said to be a blessing.
>It causes him to lose his memory but also enables him to see the divine
>and be a mediator between the divine and the mundane--touch the divine
>and it becomes visible in the mundane realm. In other words, "divine
>curse" and "divine blessing" are explained to be just alternate terms
>for "touched by a god".

Isn't that the way of it, yes. Seems it doesn't matter if it is Hercules, Moses,
Zoroaster or Jesus, the touch of God is both a blessing and curse on a man's life.
Apologies for irreverence but I can imagine the same attributions being placed on the
lives of 20th Century heroes like Gandhi or MLK jr. 2000 years from now.

>If one presumes that Silk was a clone of Typhon, Barnacles-as-Midas
>works perfectly.

I shouldn't need explanation for this but I might. IIRC, in your theory,
Midas figures into the Spring Wind/Typhon legend perhaps with Alexander's
story as a mediating influence. But I think the connection isn't the
obvious one involving Alexander's cutting of Midas' Gordian Knot. How does
the connection work?