(urth) Silk beating two horses, Orpine rotting to vines, and Wolfe's dedication

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:40:18 PST 2011

>Marc Aramini: I don't want to always incite words between Lee and Gerry

Incite sounds so negative! I think much good comes from the interaction. I
assume Gerry feels the same way, given his continued participation in the process.
Group members like Gerry (and there have been a number through the years) serve an
important purpose. How many sons have been driven to great heights of acheivement in
trying to gain the acceptance of  a hyper-critical, impossible to please father? Of
course every stern, hectoring papa needs a counter-balance....

>when I read something that I think is interesting or confusing, I like to write down a
>few quick thoughts and post to the discussion list, because, well, maybe somebody has a
>better understanding.  Sorry about the imprecision.  Its not theorizing in any but the
>loosest sense, like, gee, here is an image, does anybody think it could be this or this?

A number of years back there was a corporate/intellectual concept called "brainstorming"
where ideas could be shared freely, without initial criticism, in hopes a synergistic
process would take hold, energizing everyone's thinking in the process.

It didn't work very well. It was found that the best work was always done individually and
the brainstorming wasn't an efficient use of time. Plus certain group members were left
gnashing their teeth and clawing the carpet when they weren't permitted to criticize.

But, in an electronic format, things are a bit different. There is no time constraint. There
is no product to be efficiently and effectively manufactured (unless someone plans to publish)
So I think this forum provides just what youare looking for- a sounding board to help shape vague
ideas.

It seems like a law of nature that this board provokes the most interest and energy from
"stern papa" (Apollonian) types, to the point that a group-think develops in which "that's the way
it is supposed to be; the ONLY way to be". Maybe someday enough permanent "nurturing mama"
influence will arrive to balance things out and allow ideas to grow. But, kinda doubtful.