(urth) On dream travelers

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 14:02:40 PST 2011

--- On Sun, 2/13/11, António Pedro Marques <entonio at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: António Pedro Marques <entonio at gmail.com>
>
> I may be mistaken, but if not then Ares was more of a god
> of the fields, rather than war, before he got syncretised
> with Mars. (Or was it the reverse?)

I don't know, but it IS kind of clear that Pleistorus is a god of battle, possibly the Thrakian version of Ares, and I think the text makes it a better case that it is Pleistorus who is missing and is Ahura Mazda, so if pressed I would say, Latro is Pleistorus, because I am not sure if in the Soldier books Ares and Plesitorus are distinct at all.