(urth) First Exodus theory revised

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 09:29:04 PST 2011

This is the thing, if you can make every event in the dream literally true, it fits.  From dream logic, Kypris-mother-hy-chenille-mamelta.

hy and chenille possessed by kypris CHECK
idea of an heir between pas and kypris to succeed Pas - see silks head on pas at end (idea repeated three times in text) CHECK for kypris as mother
kypris blue eyed, mamelta blue eyed CHECK
kypris likes Hy because she is described as similar in appearance, mamelta described as Hyacinth like CHECK
weird powers of silk that seem geared for leadership CHECK

If Mamelta did NOT resemble Hy, or did not have blue eyes, it wouldn't fit

(also, a bunch of mother feeling near her body)

Pros: explains who every parent is in the vision Tussah, Silk's adopted mother, Pas, Mamelta-Kypris, explains why Silk is important to Kypris, why his face is on Pas, why he is chosen to replace Pas.

Cons:
Why the hell is Mamelta down there if she is kypris? Well, Echidna is hunting for her jilted revenge, maybe Typhon had to get her out of there in a hurry ... but why mindwipe her?  It does say she was not supposed to be awoken at that point, and the seal supposed to be undisturbed for the plan of Pas.  Maybe Kypris WAS supposed to reload into Mamelta's body or something, I don't know.

Your objection is always the same to the idea of Silk as an heir, people would recognize Pas clone, and why would Pas want leadership qualities to take Silk over?  BUT those have NOTHING to do with this idea, I maintain, Silk is JUST a son, not a clone, not meant to be taken over, and this is not from myth, this is purely from the text.

But nothing can convince you, so we should just leave it be.

It does explain why Silk is special, though.