(urth) First Exodus theory revised

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Fri Feb 11 05:12:08 PST 2011

From: "Marc Aramini" <marcaramini at yahoo.com>
> --- On Thu, 2/10/11, Gerry Quinn <gerryq at indigo.ie> wrote:
>
>>> For the moment I see no very good alternative to the theory
>> that he was an engineered embryo whose parentage is both
>> unknown and irrelevant.
>
> But it SHOWS four parents to us, and Silk recognizes them to some degree,

In Silk's vision of his parents, his biological father is described as tall
and blue-eyed (i think Wolfe tells us this to indicate the biological
relationship).  Conspicuous by its absence is any mention of a multiplicity
of heads!

The only ones he seems to recognise are his adoptive mother and Tussah.

> and says he found out the truth of how he came to be in the tunnels,

"or underground, anyway".  He may mean the vision of his parents, which he
saw when undergoing a near-death (or death?) experience while buried by a
bomb.  Or he may mean the frozen embryos he saw with Mamelta, also arguable
in the tunnels, or underground.  Or both.

> and it outright says in his visions his mother is Kypris.

I really don't agree with this.  He has a dream or waking dream in which
images of various women run together (I think women he associates with sex
or sexuality).  In this dream he also sees the Outsider as a wooden toy, and
a polished tabletop as the sea.  I don't think there's any reason to take it
literally that all the women in his dream are the same woman, any more than
that the Outsider is a wooden toy.

He *never* says anything to Kypris to indicate he thinks she is his mother.
And Kypris never says anything to him, either.

> Its just ignoring a whole lot of stuff to say its unkown. :(  Why show us
> four parents?

I don't think I'm ignoring anything!  I think you are interpreting various
things in a very strange way.

Why show us four parents?  Two adoptive, two biological = total four.

- Gerry Quinn